The Telemarketing Coordinator provides guidance and expertise to the telefund operation which will help to increase the level of individual support to the annual fund. Special emphasis placed on working with the Director of Telemarketing to recruit, hire, train, and supervise student callers. Caller shifts are Sunday through Thursday, 5:30 – 9:00 p.m., so evening work is required of this full time position.
Reports directly to the Director of Telemarketing.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct the recruiting, hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation of student callers and supervisors who work on an automated telemarketing system.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the students and evaluate their performance
- Monitor caller activity, provide feedback and training to ensure successful caller performance
- Coordinate nightly meetings, as well as recruiting and recognition events
- Create and update scripting
- Plan team-building activities and ongoing training programs
- Develop and supervise ongoing promotions or motivational activities to increase productivity
- Work with collegiate representatives to secure guest speakers and current calling information.
- Respond to alumni/donor inquiries and complaints concerning the telefund program.
- Assist with the development of strategies to increase overall gift revenue and alumni participation rates.
- Work with the department management to develop and implement telemarketing budget.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree. Minimum of two years of telemarketing or training and development experience.
- Demonstrated PC software skills in word, spreadsheets, email, internet, and database familiarity.
- Annual fund experience in a college/university setting. Working knowledge of the principles of an annual fund and experience with direct mail and telephone solicitation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills, particularly as they pertain to an automated telemarketing system.
- Supervisory experience, including performance evaluation, motivation, compensation, and administration.
- Demonstrated respect for others, support for department and organizational goals.
- Excellent written communications skills, using good grammatical style and form, and attention to accuracy.
- Excellent time management skills; use of effective tracking methods to complete work and projects in time required.
Do you or someone you know fit the bill?
Let us know if you or someone you know would like to apply for this job by filling out the form below.