Special Events & Banquets Assistant:
The Special Events & Banquets Assistant is a hands-on, entry-level position that will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Banquets and Events Coordinators. The position encompasses assisting in setting up activities for all conferences and meetings, as well as online/offline social events and private party banquets, and supporting public relations activities.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform general office business: Provide support with correspondence, mass mailings, assist with meeting preparations, data entry, and maintain department supply inventory, and records.
- Events Coordination: assist with logistics, prepare and organize materials, vendors and supplies. Prepare agendas, assemble materials, and help prepare presentations.
- Publications support: Assist with design and production of media, press releases, and other publications.
- Public Relations support: assist in maintaining lists and other media as needed.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Non-profit entry level, but administrative experience required.
- Time, energy, organizational abilities and reliability are a must.
- Weekends are a must depending on event and banquet schedules.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with a wide variety of constituencies.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work independently.
- Cooperative attitude, willingness to learn, team approach.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software.
- Skilled in proofreading and must possess a creative mind.
Do you or someone you know fit the bill?
Let us know if you or someone you know would like to apply for this job by filling out the form below.