Senior Online Manager
The Senior Online Manager will be responsible for keeping content and format at the leading edge of the field.
To accomplish this, the Senior Manager will keep up to date on developments in the field and on innovations in the world of information websites.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain substantial relationships with experts and organizations in the field in order to offer new content and features.
- Create and manage an editorial calendar to coordinate the regular addition (daily, if possible) of new material as well as monthly features.
- Lead efforts to raise funds from foundations, corporations, and government agencies to sustain online presence.
- Collaborate with an editorial associate, Web team, and promotions team.
- Manage consultants who provide content for the site, manage the small Web staff who keep the site running, undertake our promotional efforts, and coordinate with the business manager to continue the growth of our online store.
- Manage the daily operations and future growth of the Web site, including content development, outreach, and technical support.
- Ensure that user inquiries are handled efficiently.
- Oversee writing and distribution of news headlines and monthly e-newsletter and manage forums.
- Acquire content from regular contributors and other content providers, clear rights, and post to site.
- Oversee promotion and seek promotion from other sites.
- Supervise staff and freelancers to ensure that content, promotion, design, marketing, and Web programming work are carefully coordinated.
- Work closely with staff to take advantage of joint content, marketing, sales, and promotional opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with the business manager to support existing revenue-generating activities (online store, sponsorships) and develop new ones.
- Ensure that the site is fully accessible and complies with the latest standards of accessibility.
- Manage the online presence budget.
- Give presentations about the online presence at national conferences.
- Play a major role in continuing fundraising efforts on behalf of the online presence, to include meeting with government, foundation, and corporation officials; drafting fundraising proposals; and coordinating with the fundraising department.
- Cultivate relationships with potential funding sources.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Five or more years work experience preferable.
- Superior writing skills; writing that is clear, compelling and well organized, generally free from errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Excellent oral communication and listening skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Experience in publications, Web site development, and/or project management desirable.
- Knowledge of the research, teaching methods, and social issues affecting children with learning disabilities and those who teach and care for them desirable.
- Experience in fundraising and grant writing preferred.
- Experience managing creative and technical staff.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong editorial skills.
- Strong sense of layout and design desirable.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in performing duties.
Do you or someone you know fit the bill?
Let us know if you or someone you know would like to apply for this job by filling out the form below.