Fundraising & Volunteer Support Coordinator
The Fundraising & Volunteer Support Coordinator is a fundraising professional responsible for staffing one or more of the divisions within the campaign. This includes working with the Directors, Boards, and volunteers to plan and carry out campaign strategies and meet campaign goals and objectives.
Reports directly to the Director of Development. This position is responsible for the day to day coordination of volunteers and may include the supervision of support staff positions.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in developing and implementing the overall campaign plan.
- Prepares analyses on assigned division and prepares and implements plans for cultivation and solicitation.
- Implements a tracking/monitoring system for assigned division(s); regularly updates account information and prepares ongoing evaluations.
- In conjunction with campaign volunteers, is responsible for preparing and implementing division campaign plans and strategies in accordance with the Campaign objectives, plan, and timetable.
- Conducts or reviews research on prospective donors; develops and recommends approach strategy including setting dollar and/or participation goals.
- Works closely with accounts and volunteers to develop plans, set goals, monitor activities, identify problems, and prepare action plans to resolve problems; prepares regular progress reports and overall evaluations.
- Provides fundraising support to senior volunteers throughout the campaign by attending calls.
- Provides information, fundraising expertise, and advice on planning and coordination of campaigns to Campaign Chairs, committees, and canvassers to assist them in the management of their campaigns.
- Provides training/information to volunteers as required.
- Assists with volunteer recruitment, orientation and evaluation.
- Performs other duties related to the qualifications and requirements of the job.
Makes decisions requiring judgment in organizing and analyzing data, in communicating with volunteers and donors, and in developing recommendations, proposals, and approaches affecting donor cultivation, solicitation, and recognition.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- University graduation in an applicable discipline with at least three to five years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum of three years direct fundraising experience. Supervisory experience and experience working with volunteers at various levels throughout the community are essential.
- Ability to independently apply a broad knowledge of fundraising practices and principles.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to coordinate and direct the work of others.
- Ability to exercise a high level of tact and discretion in both internal and external interactions. Ability to motivate and lead a team and work as a team member. Ability to create and maintain good working relationships with a variety of internal and external constituents.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs preferred.
- The incumbent must provide their own vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
Do you or someone you know fit the bill?
Let us know if you or someone you know would like to apply for this job by filling out the form below.